"LEAS" System Unique Points
(1) Hands aren't necessary for most of the controls and many times only one arm,
leaving one hand free.
(2) No strikes with the fists or feet.
(3) Limited strength is necessary.
(4) Limited endurance is necessary.
(5) No abnormal flexibility required
(5) In many of the control tactics, "reverse scenario's" are utilized to "awaken" the
officers to what possibly can be coming "their way" and how to control or avoid
(6) Doesn't require hundreds of repetitions to remember the information.
(7) Except in life and death situations, there has been maximum effort put into the
design of the system to reduce injuries to the subject, officer and by-standers,
without sacrificing effectiveness.